Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

What's In My Make-Up Bag

Hello, lovelies!

I know I did a "What's In My..." post not too long ago, but I figured I should do one on a more beauty related side. So, of course, I reached straight for my make-up bag.


I recently got a new make-up bag (read: yesterday) so whilst I was filling it, I sorted out all of my every day makeup products and kept them to hand, and finally tidied up the clutter that was my desk. My laptop actually fits on here now, which is some major progress.

The bag itself is from Primark, and only cost £3, which is an absolute steal for a bag the size of this one. If you need clarification - the Urban Decay 'Naked' Palette fits in the bottom with room to spare. Really.

A lot of the products in here are high street brands that cost under £10, so if you're broke like myself you're not going to have to sacrifice your food for the week in order to replace your mascara.


Starting off with foundation and concealer, I'm a sucker for having things in pairs, so if a foundation has a concealer to match, I more likely than not have that as well. Right now I'm using the Rimmel London "Wake Me Up" products. They smell absolutely fantastic, and the product itself has almost a glittery substance in it, to make your skin look fresh and awake and vibrant. The concealer isn't majorly heavy coverage, but it does the job on those "I haven't slept for two days because I've been having a Sons Of Anarchy marathon" dark circles.


More Rimmel! I've been using their Stay Matte powder for a good two years now, so it's always been a solid member of my every day make-up, and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Keeps your make-up looking matte and stops it sliding around during the day, perfect for days when you're constantly on the move.

I only recently bought the bronzer, being so pale I was always quite skeptical about buying bronzers because I was worried I'd look like I did during my 2008 dance show (terrible.) So I picked this up in a moment of bravery, and I'm so glad I did. It isn't too dark and it isn't too overpowering, it's just right. Give three bronzers to Goldilocks and this is the one she'd choose.



For highlighter, I use this Avon one that I got for Christmas. I couldn't tell you the name or price of it, because I'm absolutely useless, but Avon's prices are generally really good, and the quality of the product is always top notch. This one doesn't leave too much of a glittery sheen on your face, but just enough so when the sun hits it you do look absolutely wonderful.


Eyebrows wise, I use this Technic Complete Brow Kit that I got as a freebie so long ago that I can't even really remember getting it. It was sitting in the bottom of my make-up drawer for a good while though, because I used to swear against filling in my eyebrows (eek) and instead just let them go crazy natural, but then I finally got them waxed and decided to test this little baby out. Never ever have I gone back, I can't leave the house now without my eyebrows done. It's like a security blanket in the form of good face shaping.


So many people I watch on YouTube and read on here raved about Sleek products, so I decided to try out one of their blushes, and oh. My. God, and I glad I did! This is their Rose Gold blush, a lovely pink shade with gold streaked through it, and mixed with the bronzer and highlighter, it makes the most lovely natural peaches and cream complexion. 


I'm absolutely in love with Lush, and their Bubblegum Lip Scrub is one of my absolute favourite products I've ever bought! Not only does it last absolutely forever, it's made of sugar and tastes absolutely amazing. A lot of people think that eating it is kinda gross because you know, it's scrubbing off all the dead skin from your lips, but oh well. It's a sweet way to start your day.


Two of the four high end products I own are my two MAC lipsticks. I like having the option of both a natural shade and a more out there shade to hand, which is why I have both Pink Plaid and Ruby Woo in my makeup bag at all times. I posted a review on both shades not long ago, so I'll link that HERE.


You've probably seen a whole load of beauty bloggers go on and on for hundreds of posts about the Naked palette, but you're going to have to see it again, because here I go. With some of the most pigmented shades I've ever seen and ranging from a very light shade to black, the Naked palette is filled with nude, natural shades  for every day and more dramatic, out there shades for if you're feeling adventurous or going on a night out, the Naked palette has it all for you. It is a bit pricey, but it's definitely worth it.


Unfortunately you can't get this product in the UK yet unless you get it shipped directly from the Sephora website, but when I saw it in New York, I couldn't leave it behind. Kat Von D has been an idol of mine ever since I can remember, so getting one of her actual products made me so, unbelievably happy. This is her Tattoo Liner in the shade 'Trooper', and when they say it doesn't budge, it doesn't budge. I tested it out on my wrist in the store, and even after a shower that evening it had barely faded, so if you're looking for long lasting, liquid eyeliner, this is definitely worth the shipping fees.


Last but not least I have three mascaras. One high end, and two high street. Recently I've been using Too Faced's "Better Than Sex" mascara every day because I'm so in love with the lift and volume it gives my lashes, but I also have The Falsies and Scandal Eyes by Rimmel. I could go on about all three of these mascaras for hours, but if you can't afford Too Faced (£18/$23), both Rimmel products (about £7/£8 each) are definitely good substitutes!

Have you ever done a post and not realized just how much make-up you actually have? That's me right now. Oops. Oh well, a girl can never have too much make-up, right?

I hope you enjoyed this post, I'm sorry all of my posts have been so long lately! I'll try reign it in a little, but once I'm started I can't seem to stop!

See you next time, then.

Ree xo

No comments:

Post a Comment