Life for me recently has been nothing but stress on top of stress, on top of travelling, on top of just general busy life. Sometimes when things get really hectic I find it hard to concentrate on the little things that make every day special and worth getting out of bed for.
I guess I'm making this post as a reminder to myself, and to you, that every day is filled to the brim with little bits and pieces of beautiful that add into one big picture, one big crazy, hectic, gorgeous, colourful, loud, wild, roller coaster of a picture.
So, without further babbling, here is the aforementioned list:
- Fresh bed sheets
- Lighting new candles
- Fluffy blankets
- Train tickets
- Train journeys
- Seeing live bands
- Finding new music
- Meeting new people
- Connecting with said people
- New seasons on Netflix
- Clean, dry pjs
- Disney movies
- Lazy Sundays
- Lying down after a long day
- Something you ordered online arriving
- Falling in love
- The smell of bookstores/the library
- Long car rides
- Waking up happy
- Thunder storms during a really hot summer
- The deep breath you take after crying
- Planning a party
- Wide open windows in the summer
- A proper 8 hours of sleep
- Arriving at the beach
- Days out
- Shopping sprees
- The first hot day of the year
- Hugging someone you haven't seen in a while
- Learning another language
- When children draw you pictures
- Phoning a friend
- Spending time with your mother
- The window seat on an airplane
- Pens that write really, REALLY well.
- When you realize things aren't always as bad as they seem
- The anticipation for something you've been waiting for finally coming up
and last but not least:
- Coming to the realization that you are living your life for you, and no one else.
I hope this list has brought some happiness to you if you're having a bad day, or maybe it's just reminded you to go phone that friend you've been thinking about phoning for a week, but haven't gotten round to yet because you've just been so busy.
Take some time, notice the little things, and realize how happy it all makes you.
See you next time, then.