Pages

Friday 7 April 2017

Jeffree Star "DREAMHOUSE" Velour Liquid Lipstick Swatch & Review


Hello, lovelies!

Now, I know you've probably seen 300 reviews on Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks, but I recently got my hands on one, and oh. My. God. I love it. This post is probably just going to be me saying "I LOVE IT" a million times, so strap yourselves in, this is going to be a wild one.

After eyeing it up for what felt like forever, I finally took the leap and bought it from beautybay.com alongside a whole bunch of other beauty bits I've been lusting after. The mini haul included some Makeup Geek shadows, a Z Palette, an Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow definer, and this absolute beauty of a lipstick.


Packaged in the standard Jeffree Star pink and star-clad design, the sparkle from the lipstick is obvious even before you open it. It's a lot lighter than I had originally anticipated considering it has so much product in it, which is a bonus, as it's a solid addition to your makeup bag but definitely won't weigh you down.

On to the swatches!



SO. SPARKLY. 

I used my DSLR camera to take these photos, and honestly, I could die happy with how the formula came out. I was worried it wouldn't come across in pictures, but it definitely does. Buttery and thick, the glitter does make the formula a little bit gloopy, but if you can deal with that it really is a dream. Dries super quickly, doesn't smudge (however it never got the kiss test from me - so be careful if you're gonna be smooching your sweetness.) and, luckily, it doesn't have a strong scent like a lot of liquid lipsticks I've tried.

Always being one for bold lips, I usually stick to dark reds and purples, so snatching up this fluorescent pink was very out of character for me. However, I am so super crazy glad that I did, because I freaking love it.

And just so you can see how beautiful it comes across in selfies -



Thank you so much for reading, and as always... 

I'll see you next time, then.

Ree xo

No comments:

Post a Comment