Pages

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Why Photo Editing Is Important



Hello, lovelies!

Now, I've always been a sucker for photo editing apps. The most I've spent on one was £7.99. Yikes. However recently I've been focusing on a few specific ones. All to improve my Instagram, blog, Twitter, and even my Facebook aesthetic. I'm one of those people who have a separate folder for everything on my phone. I mean, everything. Editors, Social Media, Games, white noise makers, the whole lot have their own folder.

What can I say? I'm an organised person.

The difference in engagement my photos get when they've been edited is crazy. I've seen an edited photo get 100+ likes on Instagram, and an unedited one just barely reach 20. Plus - editing is slightly addicting.

So before I start to ramble, let's get into it.


I'm mainly going to focus on Facetune, PicFX, Instasize and VSCO, but if you would like to know about the others let me know!

Facetune: 


I know you've probably seen 300,000,000 bloggers go on about this app, but seriously, if you haven't tried it, please do. It comes with features to whiten your teeth, sharpen objects, blur out backgrounds, everything. I mainly use the whiten feature for the backgrounds of photos - believe it or not, the photo above was seriously dark before I edited it. For selfies I use the smoothing tool to just soften things up a little, and the detail tool for bringing out my eyes!

PicFX/VSCO:


I'm grouping these two together because they are very, very similar. I use both for putting slight filters on photos I feel need a little something. In PicFX I use the PFX Film folder, and always go for PFX 5. Using the slider to edit the intensity of the filter, I usually apply it twice and adjust it both times. Weird, I know, but it's habit, and I feel like it makes them look best. In VSCO I alternate between F2 and G3. Again using the slider to edit the intensity, I'll usually only use this for blog pictures! It makes them look sharpest, I think.

Instasize:


I. Love. This. App. It was my saving grace when I had an all white border theme on my Instagram (two years ago, wow?!) and now I use it on my Facebook photos. It makes them look so much more appealing, and they get so much more engagement when they look better. When you open the app and pick your photo you're taken to the editing screen, where you can chose how you want to go about editing. I go to the end option to select the border, and usually just stick with white, but if I feel like being fancy (or I want a whole outfit & face picture on my Instagram because I look great) I'll use the blur option, it uploads the same picture to the background and blurs it, simple!

For an example of just how much of an improvement photo editing can be, I'm going to put in a before and after of a photo I took & uploaded to Instagram today.



See how much difference just whitening the background and sharpening the case can make? A simple picture of a DVD case made so much nicer just by 5 minutes on these apps!

On a side note; how good is Moana?! I LOVE IT. 

Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you next time, then. 

Ree xo 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Moana!! I had no idea it was out on DVD yet, I'm so excited haha! I loved this article, so helpful and your blog is so cute too :D my favourite is Afterlight, I will have to check these out! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete