Pages

Thursday 15 December 2016

12 Days of Blogmas: Day 3 - Boots Haul

Hello, lovelies!

So, which clever-clogs decided the best day to go into town is 10 days before Christmas? OH! Me.


I thought waking up early this morning to head into town with my mum was a good idea because maybe we'd avoid the crowds, but alas, we did not. So, after all but fighting my way through the crowds in Primark, I finally got to Boots, and I finally got one (well, two technically) things from my winter skincare wishlist.

First things first, the beautiful skin cleansing brush from No7


Coming in at £24.95 this cleansing brush is at least £100 cheaper than it's competitor Clarisonic, and £50 cheaper than the Clinique version. The first thing I did when I got home was wash my face with this, and I can already tell I'm going to love it. My skin is smooth. It has two speed settings for if you want a slightly deeper clean, and the vibrating, spinning brush head pulls all the dirt out from in your pores. Of course it'll take more than one use to see the real benefits of using this, so I'll keep you all updated!

Next is something I briefly mentioned in my last post, the beautiful skin melting gel cleanser that goes with the brush!


Albeit a terrible photo, this stuff smells amazing. So clean and fresh smelling and not fruity or chemically like some cleansers. It's a clear gel that warms up when it's on your face so you can really feel it working straight away. Slather a generous layer on your face and then use the brush, and damn, the clean feeling is almost too much.


Spare brush heads, because I'm gonna need them. Pretty self-explanatory. £8 for a pack of two is a bargain though!


Now, I will admit I don't wash my makeup brushes nearly enough, so when the woman at the counter mentioned that this was on sale, I thought I'd give it a try. It's the No7 Makeup Brush Cleanser, and it's meant to help remove product build-up and strengthen your brush hairs. So, as someone who is quite harsh when putting on foundation, I'm hoping this will keep my foundation brush in shape until Christmas. (It's really on it's last legs.)

I didn't just buy No7 products, believe it or not! I also picked up the following makeup bits:


Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Primer! I have used this before and I loved it, but I switched it out with Benefit's The Porefessional. Now, as it's getting closer to Christmas and I don't have the money to splash out on that, I decided to go back to my tried, tested and true baby. It's got the exact same - if not better - quality as the Benefit one, so if you're looking to save some cash but still want quality, definitely check this one out.


Jamie Genevieve talked about this concealer in her latest video with Rimmel, and since I ran out of my favourite Collection 2000 one I thought I'd pick it up and try it out. I got it in the shade Ivory, and testing it on the back of my hand I've gathered a little bit goes a long way.  It's super creamy and light but gives an amazing coverage, and it doesn't break the bank. It's no Collection 2000, but it's a very close second so far.


Last but not least - Rimmel Scandal Eyes Micro-Liner. Running out of my Kat Von D tattoo liner was honestly probably the most heartbreaking thing I've had to deal with in a long time, and while I feel like I'm betraying it by buying something else, desperate times call for desperate measures. (And I can never skip out on a 3 for 2 deal.) It's got a super narrow tip which is perfect if you're like me and like your eyeliner to be SHARP, and it's staying power seems pretty good too, which, again if you're like me, is great if you're gonna be drunk crying your way through NYE.

Well, my lovelies, that's that!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all tomorrow for Blogmas Day 4!

Ree xo

No comments:

Post a Comment