Pages

Monday 12 December 2016

Dear 2016


Dear 2016,

You have been a year of learning. A year of laughter, adventures, leaps of faith, new friends, new opportunities, and new beginnings. You have also been a year of heart break, a year of tears and of staying in bed for days. A year of frustration.

Things happened this year that I never would've hoped for - I flipped my life upside down and suddenly I am content. I have made new friends, reconnected with old friends, visited places I'd never been before, laughed until I cried, and slept in Premier Inn beds more than my own. I want to say thank you, 2016, for being the year I realised that my life is worth a lot more than I originally thought. Thank you, 2016, for introducing me to people who will be my friends until we're old and wrinkled. Thank you, 2016, for never giving up on me.

But also, thank you, 2016, for showing me who doesn't deserve my time or energy. Who doesn't deserve to live rent-free in my head. Who does deserve my time and energy, and who does deserve a room in my head.

I don't have much else to say, really. Just this - I am so ready for 2017.

I'll see you next time, then.

Ree xo

No comments:

Post a Comment