Pages

Friday 16 December 2016

12 Days of Blogmas: Day 4 - My Favourite Christmas Songs



Hello, lovelies!

In my opinion there are 3000 things that make this time of year the best time of year, but without a doubt one of the best is the music! Shopping centres, adverts, taxis, everywhere has got these beautiful tunes blaring, and it makes everything feel so much more cosy. Today's Blogmas post is about my personal favourite Christmas songs, the ones I listen to when I'm getting ready, on the bus, doing dishes, making dinner, or even just sitting around in my festive pug jumper and penguin pyjama bottoms writing blog posts. (read - right this very second.)

We'll start with the Christmas song that has been my favourite since I was a tiny human -

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues Ft. Kirsty MacColl 

This song is always the song that gets me the most excited for Christmas. I've known all the words since I was at least 4, and it's always the song my mum and I undoubtedly belt out at the top of our lungs together. It's just such a feel good, it's officially Christmas type of song, and I think I'll love it for the rest of my days. Never will I tire of this song, with its tongue in cheek lyrics and hilarious exchanges between the two singers, it's a classic.

For those who know me, this next song will be no surprise since the singer is one of my favourite people to walk the planet -

Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande

I could go on for hours about how Ariana is my baby, but I won't. Instead I'll just say how cosy this song makes me feel, the addition of jingling bells in the background really makes Ariana's beautiful voice sound like perfection, and every time I listen to this song I just get so beyond happy, and so beyond ready for Christmas. (Also, her whole Christmas and Chill EP.)

Last Christmas by Wham!

This song is a classic, do I really need to write about it? It's been covered by anyone and everyone, (including Miss Grande) but the original will always be the best version. To me it doesn't really feel like Christmas until this song has come out from the shadows, and I've dramatically sang along and acted it out in the shower. 


Don't Let The Bells End by The Darkness

I love this song honestly for the hilarity of the video. My mum always played this song near Christmas time, and it's always on a good few music channels too, so I've really grown up with it, and it's an absolute cracker. Like I mentioned the video is absolutely hilarious and always gets a good giggle out of me when I see it. Definitely on this list, definitely going to be on this list for a long, long time. 

I don't want to make this list too long, because I could honestly make this about 30 songs long, so I'll stop here, with these four absolute Christmas bangers.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, and I'll see you all tomorrow for Day 5! 

Ree xo

No comments:

Post a Comment